Preparations for WRC-19
World Radiocommunication conferences (WRC) are held every three to four years. Our last (WRC-15) gathered more than 3000 participants from 162 MS and 130 other entities. The WRC is the most important conference on spectrum management.
The WRC reviews, and, if necessary, revises Radio Regulations, the international treaty governing the use of the radio-frequency spectrum and the geostationary and non-geostationary-satellite orbits.
The WRC-19 will address, inter alia, the following topics:
- International Mobile Telecommunications (IMT); 5G
- Earth stations in motion
- Non-geostationary systems in the fixed‑satellite service
- High-altitude platform stations (HAPS)
- Wireless Access Systems including radio local area networks (WAS/R-LAN)
- Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS)
- Meteorological-satellite and Earth exploration-satellite services
Several spectrum related workshops, seminars, meetings and capacity building activities were organized:
- World Radiocommunication Seminar (WRS-18) was held in Geneva from 3 to 7 December. The event was attended by 485 participants from 98 Member States and 40 entities.
- Two Regional Radiocommunication Seminars; 70 industry experts and stakeholders from 15 countries were brought together in the Asia-Pacific region, and 60 industry experts and stakeholders, from 13 countries and three international organizations participated from the Americas region.